Launch Weekend: Nintendo DSi Reviewed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ailgatrat

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
What's with the Last page being nothing but a link to stupid Ads that have nothing (as opposed to "more on this subject") to do with the story? Geez...aren't there enough already embedded in each of these pages?

G

Thank you so much, but I stay with my beloved PSP!
And I tell you: I really don't care how much more units had Nintendo sold in comparison to PSP...
That's just due the price difference (or at least it was...)
PSP always had a better graphical quality thanks to its ONLY ONE screen and was (is) a PMP right out of the box since its first version... (as everybody alrealdy knows - Yeah, I know that but it had to be said...)
PSP 4 Ever!

pochacco007

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
the elimination of the gba port means that nintendo has killed the gameboy series, which is good because now there exists a new product line, the ds series. the gba served as a bridge for gba owners to shift to the ds system and it worked as there are now 100 million ds systems that have been sold.

it is not competing with the psp. the psp's competition is the ipod's series of products. the psp is a multimedia device and the ipod is a multimedia device. but the dsi isn't a multimedia device.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
I still don't understand what this is.

It's a revamp of the previous console, with more issues, lost functionality, and even more gimmicks added on?

Nintendo is doing it's best to piss me off. I'm going with a PSP.

G

I'm with Tindytim on this.

If Nintendo kills the DS Lite and makes the DSi the defacto DS, then I will go with the PSP. The DSi is nothing but a bid to grab more money. You'd think selling 100 million+ units would be enough for them to do something to give back to that loyalty and enthusiasm(like listen to their fans/users and release more A+ titles!!), but nooooo, we get this craptastic update (a 0.3 megapixel camera?!? on a $170 handheld?! WTH?!)

I'm seriously hoping that the rumor of a 4th version of the PSP with a slide-out touchscreen isn't a rumor and Sony brutally takes back most of the handheld market share. The loads of shovelware and poor quality big name titles (Zelda Phantom Hourglass ugh...,etc.) is bad enough, but this?....

Oh yeah, LONG LIVE GAME BOY ADVANCE GAMES!!!

G

I don't care whether a GBA slot is their or not. I never play GBA games. FULL STOP.

I'm not moving to another handheld either ... MARIO KART IS TOO GOOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.