Law Firm Offers to Defend 'Hurt Locker' Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
It's nice to see the occasional lawyer that isn't a scumbag emerge. That's a great thing to do on their behalf. I can't believe that they're fining $2500 over a $6 movie ticket, or a $15 movie, especially for something this low-key and... not good. Greedy bastards are merely encouraging pirates, just to spite them. Have fun doing anything to me, I'm in another country! Suckers! :p

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Pyroflea[/nom]It's nice to see the occasional lawyer that isn't a scumbag emerge. That's a great thing to do on their behalf. I can't believe that they're fining $2500 over a $6 movie ticket, or a $15 movie, especially for something this low-key and... not good. Greedy bastards are merely encouraging pirates, just to spite them. Have fun doing anything to me, I'm in another country! Suckers![/citation]

Actually they are just the same as all the other lawyers. They arnt helping people fight it, they are negotiating a "Settlement". Which means they are insuring that Dunlap Grubb & Weaver are still going to get your money.

Look at it like this. I sent two thugs to your house to shake you down for money. They say they want 10k then I sent a nicer thug to your house who acts like your friend and then says to you, well you dont have to give them 10k just give me $200 and then you only have to pay them 3k.

Either way they are still shaking you down for money. Its called Economic Terrorism.

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
[citation][nom]Pyroflea[/nom]Have fun doing anything to me, I'm in another country! Suckers![/citation]
Better be careful, depending on the country they can get you :p

I think its completely insane for them to charge the pirates 1,500 bucks for this.... would be nice if the "legal" system could put some kind of law in place to limit the amount these things can charge, its a 25 dollar movie [bluray] most...although they could spread the movie to millions, do you really think suing these people will help? Heck if I pirated a movie and actually liked it....I would go out and buy it on dvd/bluray, why? Because I would want to support the work...

G

Lawyers = spawns from hell
World without laywers = world peace, trust me

well then, we're all doomed because the most powerful man on the earth is a lawyer...

G

I download illegal copy from other country such as china or India or russia. so is hardly for them to find out what I actually downloading at the moment. I guess that would more security from the net watcher.

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007
Anybody else happy that people are finally standing up against this widespread theft of property ? I hope they all pay, and learn to obey the law.

turbolover22

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
That law firm isn't offering their services to help out the people accused of pirating. They are offering their services so that they can make a buck.

No law firm ever offers their services for the 'good of the client'. They are all in it for the money. If it happens to be what the client wants and they can throw their hat in the ring, then why not.

turbolover22

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
The law firm is as much of an extortionist as the company that is suing the accused thieves.

My guess is that the law firm is just trying to help the film industry to get money that they know the film industry wouldn't get without their help negotiating the settlement. One thief helping the other thief while trying to steal from both of the other parties involved.

TheKurrgan

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
1500 - 2500 per incident to make the problem "Go away" -- sounds like they are trying to keep the ass rape going even out of the theater. Fact is that 6 bucks for a movie ticket would be early mat pricing, and its more like 10 - 12 for regular peak viewing hours. Factor in a drink and what not, and it gets to 20 per person quickly, which is crap. So the people who pirate it either dont deem it worth watching for the price, or cant afford to go to the over priced anal rapage now known as movie theaters. Perhaps if the ticket prices were within reason, piracy wouldnt be as big a deal for them to get money off of.

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
[citation][nom]clivene09[/nom]Don't they have to pay people to watch anything Uwe Boll makes?[/citation]

Agreed. Sorry Uwe Boll, but you'll have to pay me to see your movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.