LCD cracked on hp labtop. Need to restore?

Ioyou

Honorable
May 1, 2013
I recently broke my screen on my hp laptop. I have been using a monitor..I hit compress c drive upon start up. Why? Don't ask.. Lo.l. Now I can't see anything and th screen is black. Nothing is coming throu monitor.

getochkn

Splendid
There is usually a keybaord command to switch to external monitor and you should be able to see it if you go into the BIOS or boot from a DVD, etc, so if you can't see it at all even during boot, the compressing of the C drive had nothing to do with it and the graphics chip could have died.

Ioyou

Honorable
May 1, 2013

Hmm it said when I was compressing the hard drive it would take 22hrs. And of course I was somewhere I shouldn't have been and thought hitting Yes would be a good idea. I don't know exactly what it was that I said yes to.

getochkn

Splendid

If you turn on the laptop and it doesn't display the bootup screen or the bios selection screen, then the compressing had nothing to do with. Bootup/bios load up before windows and don't even need a hard drive to work, so the windows has nothing to do with it.

What model laptop is it? There is usually a key combination to press to activate an external screen, like the FN + F5 key on most laptops.

Ioyou

Honorable
May 1, 2013
Ok. It is HP I know the function key is f4. When I turn it on a screen on the laptop pops up. Should I try fn F4 on start up? Thanks again...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 11
F Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1
Vadrif Laptop Tech Support 1
8 Laptop Tech Support 4
L Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 3