LCD cracked on hp labtop. Need to restore?

Ioyou

Honorable
May 1, 2013
I recently broke my screen on my hp laptop. I have been using a monitor..I hit compress c drive upon start up. Why? Don't ask.. Lo.l. Now I can't see anything and th screen is black. Nothing is coming throu monitor.

There is usually a keybaord command to switch to external monitor and you should be able to see it if you go into the BIOS or boot from a DVD, etc, so if you can't see it at all even during boot, the compressing of the C drive had nothing to do with it and the graphics chip could have died.

Ioyou

Honorable
May 1, 2013

Hmm it said when I was compressing the hard drive it would take 22hrs. And of course I was somewhere I shouldn't have been and thought hitting Yes would be a good idea. I don't know exactly what it was that I said yes to.

If you turn on the laptop and it doesn't display the bootup screen or the bios selection screen, then the compressing had nothing to do with. Bootup/bios load up before windows and don't even need a hard drive to work, so the windows has nothing to do with it.

What model laptop is it? There is usually a key combination to press to activate an external screen, like the FN + F5 key on most laptops.

TRENDING THREADS