smooch

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
i think i may have burn in on my samsung lcd tv. it is a black like shadow that is cresent shaped and see through. i bought this calibration dvd and ran it over night with no difference. is this really burn in? is there a way to get rid of it? its only 2yrs old, but the warranty expired after 1yr. please help!!

jessegibson

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2008
Are you sure it is burn-in? How old is the TV? Did you leave an image up for days?

You may just have a bad Panel. Try and call Samsung for an extended warranty. Then wait a few months and make a repair order.

Sorry you had to learn it this way but you should always get an extended warranty on any high tech TV. Regardless of the platform. I have had 2 TV's, "top of the line" for their time that I used my extended warranty on. For about $300-400, the warranties saved me thousands in repairs. One tv was repaired 4 times for the same issue. They spent more trying to repair it than the TV cost me. In the end it turned out to be a lemon, and they replaced it for me. I went through BestBuy and did not have any problems with the process, I liked the TV it was just a lemon.

Good Luck!

alexisdel

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011

You probably have a bad panel. If you wanna learn more about your LCD problem try to visit this site they might have some tips and guide for you, www.servicetron.com