LCD TV has no picture (black screen) but still sound - can it be fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmj23

Estimable
Dec 17, 2014
Yesterday I made the stupid mistake of cleaning my TV with Lysol, and now it's not working correctly. When I turn it on, the screen seems to illuminate just a little, but it stays black. The audio works fine coming through the satellite TV. I tried some different outlets, and tried changing channels and stuff. I can't even see the Menu screen come up when I hit that.

Can this be fixed somehow? It's a 54" inch Samsung LCD. I'm hoping it can be repaired cheaper than buying a whole new one.

Thanks

digitaldoc

Distinguished
Herald
The lysol has damaged the screen. You can try leaving it a few days to fully dry out and then replugging it in to see if the problem persists. In all likelihood the TV is toast, and will need to be replaced.

You can try calling some TV repair shops and getting a price on a screen replacement. However, I think you will find that it will be almost the same price to just get a new TV.

digitaldoc

Distinguished
Herald
The lysol has damaged the screen. You can try leaving it a few days to fully dry out and then replugging it in to see if the problem persists. In all likelihood the TV is toast, and will need to be replaced.

You can try calling some TV repair shops and getting a price on a screen replacement. However, I think you will find that it will be almost the same price to just get a new TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jovanboone Streaming Video & TVs 0
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 1