Lebanon Considers Banning Blackberrys Too

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

the reason they do this is because US government can take a peek into these devices - Worldwide.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]madlare[/nom]the reason they do this is because US government can take a peek into these devices - Worldwide.[/citation]
The US government can take a peek into phones from a Canadian company who does not back down when other countries try and get them to lessen security? Somehow I doubt that, these countries are wanting to ban because RIM WON'T let them have a backdoor into their phones. RIM won't jeopardize the security of their network just to please some country.

drutort

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
im curious dont companies have VPN's? and other form of secure communication? do these countries stop this too? I might not fully understand the technical side of the networks but i would assume there are many reasons why individuals who travel on business would never want anyone besides there company to intercept communications?

Cache

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
Thank god that Islam is a solely peaceful religion with aims and aspirations of freedom for their people. I'd be pretty scared if they policed everyone in minute detail--arresting anyone they believed to be less than 100% Islamic and fully supporting the de facto governments of the Middle East which under various interpretations of Islamic law are completely uncorrupted.

irh_1974

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
[citation][nom]Cache[/nom]Thank god that Islam is a solely peaceful religion with aims and aspirations of freedom for their people. I'd be pretty scared if they policed everyone in minute detail--arresting anyone they believed to be less than 100% Islamic and fully supporting the de facto governments of the Middle East which under various interpretations of Islamic law are completely uncorrupted.[/citation]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebanon
Lebanon's record is pretty poor, 5 years after getting independance from France it attacks Israel. They get their asses handed to them in an appalling defeat. The so called government is either supporting terrorists who fire rockets into Israel, or is so blindly incompetent that it has no ability to deal with terrorist operating inside it's borders. The scary thing is the insistance on attacking an obviously more powerful country who respond in kind by bombing them back to the stone age.

Someone just needs to say to them, "be a good neighbour, stop being an ass or next time Israel may just nuke you and have done with it" and no-one would give a shit because they have done nothing but be a beligerant tin-pot state since 1943.

It's a big world, if you want to be in it you have to play nicely, otherwise all I have is an image of a small boy whacking a stick against the leg of a Marine. He will stand it for so long, then just give the kid a fat back-hander he won't forget in a hurry. Stop it, behave and we all just might get along... m'kay...

Soulreape

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
Why not just ban any kind of travel to these countries, cut them off from the rest of the world and let them live however they want to live, no technology and no imports, no one to save them from dictatorship, they will soon get fed up and start asking for things again.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]Soulreape[/nom]Why not just ban any kind of travel to these countries, cut them off from the rest of the world and let them live however they want to live, no technology and no imports, no one to save them from dictatorship, they will soon get fed up and start asking for things again.[/citation]

Because the US economy would collapse in two months without Saudi oil. That's why the US is pretending Saudis are allies even with their appalling human rights record and the fact that 18 out of 19 9/11 hijackers were Saudis.

jessedorland

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
Typical behavior of racist -- blame the Muslim, and Islam. European Union is also moving its employees from Blackberry to iPhone, and HTC. I guess Christian in Europe are banning as they banned Galeleo's theory.

mbbs20

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]regulas[/nom]Screw them, the Muslims want to live in the dark ages anyway so let them have their wish.[/citation]

take it easy... no need for racial remarks over every little tidbit of news

omikron48

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
"This is prompted by the increase of security issues that have been found with the telecommunications networks in Lebanon,"

Read as: "We're having security issues because your system is too secure."

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]Soulreape[/nom]Why not just ban any kind of travel to these countries, cut them off from the rest of the world and let them live however they want to live, no technology and no imports, no one to save them from dictatorship, they will soon get fed up and start asking for things again.[/citation]
Because many of them buy our items. alienating ourselves will be our downfall

swell9

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2007
Why is it whenever a Middle Eastern country is involved, religion is the cause? Even if we are talking about Blackberries and iPhones.
Ignorance is not a bliss.

Racist comments will not be tolerated - hence the deleted comments.

Regulus ... lose the redneck attitude or your going on a forum free holiday.

ditto for anyone else ...

I loved my Blackberry bold ... just a bit heavy on the battery power.

Status
Not open for further replies.