Lebedev Studio Creates Slick LCD Keypads

Status
Not open for further replies.

fb39ca4

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
of course, the keyboard doesn't have the number pad, so u are forced to buy a matching one of their number pads if u want one.

Anaxamenes

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010
Now this is a gaming keyboard! the buttons could display icons for your game and make it far more interesting and interactive.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I was recently reading a debate between command-line and GUI - and a keyboard like this could remove many of the learning constraints and cognitive loads of using a command-line interface for the novice. Of course, you'd have to have someone program how the keys change and perhaps even rethink how you make your shortcuts.

jj463rd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
[citation][nom]Anaxamenes[/nom]Now this is a gaming keyboard! the buttons could display icons for your game and make it far more interesting and interactive.[/citation]
They would especially be useful for complex flight simulations with hundreds of controls
(not having to remember individual keys or looking at a chart or having to use a keyboard overlay).

theoldgrumpybear

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
For how long has the Optimus keyboard from Art Lebedev been "coming soon"?
I remember seeing his website show a prototype more than five years ago, and every time I have checked back it will be arriving "current time+2Q"...

Status
Not open for further replies.