Phym

Honorable
May 29, 2012
So I'm planning to renovate my basement, and I need a TV around 40-50in around 800$. I use it for watching movies and gaming, and I'm hoping for a smart and 3d tv as well, which type of TV would be the best? It would be nice if you can give me some preferences, ty =)

makinbiscuits

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
I'll admit I'm biased to plasma. I find their picture has a more natural color representation as well as a higher contrast ratio and deeper blacks. Plasma also has a film like quality to it. Now if you get into high end LED's with localized dimming you can get a picture comparable picture quality but it your price range I would highly recommend plasma.

If you want 1080P 3D you can look into samsung E550 or panasonic UT50. They're 2012 models so they can be had for great prices.

Phym

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Hmmm, should I leave out the 3D and get a good smart led samsung for lower? Is 3D even that good? Is it comparable to 3D movies in the cinema or is it better on hdtvs?

Mansukh

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012

Here I would say these days almost all smart TVs are 3d ready. Majorly Sony, Samsung and LG have their high-end smart 3d sets which are rolling in the entire industry. Moreover pretty specific to this question
Is it comparable to 3D movies in the cinema or is it better on hdtvs?
I would say here is the difference of 3d technology mainly two types (Active 3D tech used by Sony and Samsung and secondly Passive 3D tech used by LG, Panasonic, Toshiba and Vizio). Based on the expert reviews and various international research organization passive tech is more convenient and economic as compare to active. LG has a series of decent passive 3d models under the LM series and the most preferred among them under your budget are: LM6700, LM6400, LM6410 and LM6200 etc.

For price information about the same visit Amazon or BestBuy as they have the best discounted prices.