LED TV turns on for a few milliseconds and goes off and on again for milliseconds then off over and over again

mykwee88

Estimable
Apr 8, 2015
My fairly new devant LED tv's display wont stay on. When i power it on, it displays a picture for a few milliseconds then goes black then on again for a few milliseconds and off again over and over again. i know the TV really doesnt restart because when i press the Menu button on the remote, the TV's menu screen pops out but the display goes black and on for half a second then black again on again over and over again but i can still see the the menu screen. If i select an item in the menu options like Audio Settings, it responds. But again the display just goes on and off so quickly over and over again. The problem started when i used the tv as display out from my laptop via hdmi. It was doing fine. I was actually playing a game and after one game, i decided to change the brightness level of the TV. It was on that moment that when i tried to increase brightness on TV menu settings, it started to turn off but it went back on and was ok. I increased the brightness further and then it started the on and off cycle there on. What do you think is the problem? Please help. Thanks.

-Mike (email removed)

Solution
It sounds like your TV is setup in either demo mode or the refreshrate is not configuired correctly.

The best & easiest sollution would be to Google the TV brand and possibly the series number of your TV and then google refreshrate along with the name and series number.

For example Samsung Series 6 TV refresh setup / problem

or

Hisense TV refresh rate configuration

(anything along those lines)

Christiaan Lourens

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
It sounds like your TV is setup in either demo mode or the refreshrate is not configuired correctly.

The best & easiest sollution would be to Google the TV brand and possibly the series number of your TV and then google refreshrate along with the name and series number.

For example Samsung Series 6 TV refresh setup / problem

or

Hisense TV refresh rate configuration

(anything along those lines)

Solution