Left Headphone works but not right

beaceves

Estimable
Oct 23, 2015
I just purchased Sony 7506 headphones and sound only comes out of the left headphone when i plug it into my computer.
Things I've done:
Changed the balance on Win 10 - Had to make it volume 10 on the left & volume 100 on the right
Plugged headphones into my phone - seemed a little unbalanced but doable
Plugged in-ear headphones into pc - worked perfectly

Solution

Just remember to mark an answer so people know it was solved.

Even though the 3.5mm plug is "standard", there is a bit of variability in the tolerances for casings, and they can cause issues in some rare cases, especially if you get something a bit out of spec.
By computer you mean custom desktop or OEM? Sometimes OEM systems have the headphone jack recessed too far for the headphone cable to make proper contact. Try plugging the headphones into the rear connector and seeing if that works properly.

beaceves

Estimable
Oct 23, 2015

I built the system. I am using a Phantom 530 case. It works fine with other in-ear headphones. I did try to connect to the rear port but the same thing happens. I temporarily fixed the problem by setting the left headphone volume to zero, but I hope there is a better way.

Just remember to mark an answer so people know it was solved.

Even though the 3.5mm plug is "standard", there is a bit of variability in the tolerances for casings, and they can cause issues in some rare cases, especially if you get something a bit out of spec.

Solution