Question Left Right Headphones Channels Inverted when in games

gqchishti

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2013
Hello Everyone!

My headphones directional sound is messed up when in games, the left sound is coming like it's on the right and vice versa (Front and back is fine).

When I am in windows, like normal browsing , youtube videos, the sound is perfectly fine. Sound test videos or surround sound is always correct but as soon as I jump into any game the sound gets sort of inverted. I tried uninstalling every driver and even used usb soundcard at one point but to no avail.

Here's the funny/frustrating part. I swapped my left right channels using Equalizer APO and directional sound got understandable but funny part is that now the sound coming from left comes mostly from the right earphone ( I can now understand that where sound is coming from ) and left directional sound comes mostly from the right earphone.

Example 1: IF I don't swap any channels and play the game I will hear left directional sound as if someone is approaching me from the right.

Example 2: IF I swap left right channels and play the game I will hear left directional sound as if someone is approaching me from the left but the sound will come mostly from the right channel. i.e if I had virtual surround off the sound will only come from right earpiece but understandable that the footsteps are from left and vice versa.

Example 3: In youtube videos or any media playback the directional sound is fine without any need of swapping. It just gets messed up while in games.

I have windows 10 PRO N 64bit 2004 (same problem on old versions)

At this point I am really frustrated the swapping with virtual surround option turned on makes it a lot better but still it gives me headache sometimes. I found no solution whatsoever anywhere and there are very few cases similar to mine.

Solutions I tried:
Usb soundcard
Reinstallation of drivers / uninstalled all
used virtual cable drivers

I would really appreciate if any one can help me fix this issue.

Reactions: Maverickxxxz
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SaHa00 Laptop General Discussion 1
Pelps Laptop General Discussion 3
Abhijeet Deori Laptop General Discussion 6
zeezeear Laptop General Discussion 5
T Laptop General Discussion 3
E Laptop General Discussion 1
wolfman0987 Laptop General Discussion 1
Albuth69 Laptop General Discussion 1
moosecake Laptop General Discussion 1
I Laptop General Discussion 1