PatriksPinka

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017
Hello everyone!

So I have had my gaming laptop Legion Y520-15IKBN for just over a year now. So far my gaming experience was perfect but suddenly my FPS has majorly dropped overnight for no reason... Re-installing my graphic drivers and updating any of them hasn't helped me. My GPU GTX 1050ti 4GB runs at 100% when any game is being played. I've no idea what to do and I'm really in need of help.

I added some screenshots from ingame (playing on a 1440x1080 resolution).
So normally I was playing at high 100 FPS but now it's 50% less.
I will be really thankful for any help!

2vl39cy.jpg
after closing the game.
2dmau5u.jpg
system specs (ram is 8GB and I've a 128GB SSD).
mhthv.png
ingame.
2yun3ti.png
ingame.

Solution
i see this a lot around here. everyone always wants to upgrade drivers automatically as they are released. my advice people, if your system is running great and smooth, do NOT install anything or change anything. If you then get a new game which requires new drivers, great, good luck and go for it.

PatriksPinka

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017
So I found out another forum post about a problem like this. One of the options was to roll back the graphic drivers so that's what I did. And it worked out perfectly!

Peter Martin

Estimable
Oct 9, 2014
i see this a lot around here. everyone always wants to upgrade drivers automatically as they are released. my advice people, if your system is running great and smooth, do NOT install anything or change anything. If you then get a new game which requires new drivers, great, good luck and go for it.

Solution
Dec 8, 2018

Can you precise to which drivers you rolled back? I am having the same issue.

Aug 19, 2018

I am also curious as to what driver you rolled back to as I have been experiencing the same issues with the same Laptop model.

PatriksPinka

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017

Hey! So I rolled back the previous driver - https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/1403...
Hope it helps!

PatriksPinka

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017

Yeap, form now on I will just keep my old drivers, thanks for the advice!