Solved! Legion y530 vs Dell 7567

Nov 3, 2018
Hi, i cant decide between these two models. I'm from brasil so the Dell here came (i already bought but i can return it) with a TN screen, i5 7300hq and GT 1050, and the lenovo comes with 8300H and GTX 1050 too!

The price of the lenovo is almost the same as the Dell + Screen replacement, so i'm wondering if worth exchange the dell for the lenovo just to get a superior processor and more portability, but a worse battery.

My daily use is about office suite (mainly excel) and some CAD programs. I dont take the laptop out of the house too often, but i like the "bigger battery" feeling and reliability when i need. I also like the dell 7567 desing, and i have not seen the legion in person yet.

- Worth paying about 50$ (converted from my currency) for the 8300H and losing battery life?
- The Legion screen should be as good or better than LTN156HL01 (the screen i would buy to replace dell's)?
- The "Lenovo" brand is good? (my perception is that my new dell in web navigation seems slower than my 6 year i5 3210m Avell (Local brand).
- The ips screen will drain more battery from my dell (making it more equal to the legion in this aspect)?

Thanks and sorry for the long post and for my not so good english!

Solution
If battery is a must, the Dell has a good performance. But if performance, gaming, and other things are something that you like, the 8300H is going to be amazing. I personally have a Lenovo G50-80 and cannot complain, although it's old, has a 5th gen i3 U, and a Radeon R5 M330. Battery life is decent if I keep it in the saving mode, but if i change to high perfomance it's really bad. The screen is a mere 1366x768 but it's more than enough for coding and light gaming. I personally work in a electronics and computers store and that Lenovo has an amazing screen. So TL;DR, get a Lenovo for better perfomance and screen or keep the Dell if you like longer battery life. Also, boa sorte cara! :D

IHateSmurfs

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
If battery is a must, the Dell has a good performance. But if performance, gaming, and other things are something that you like, the 8300H is going to be amazing. I personally have a Lenovo G50-80 and cannot complain, although it's old, has a 5th gen i3 U, and a Radeon R5 M330. Battery life is decent if I keep it in the saving mode, but if i change to high perfomance it's really bad. The screen is a mere 1366x768 but it's more than enough for coding and light gaming. I personally work in a electronics and computers store and that Lenovo has an amazing screen. So TL;DR, get a Lenovo for better perfomance and screen or keep the Dell if you like longer battery life. Also, boa sorte cara! :D

Solution