Lenovo b50 won't turn on despite hard reset.

Cbird16

Commendable
Sep 12, 2016
I have a Lenovo b50 laptop that won't turn on. No lights turn on either. I plugged it in and thought I heard a pop but can't be sure. I tried taking out the battery and holding the power button down for 30 seconds, replacing the battery, plugging it in and still had no luck. Any thoughts?

Solution
When you did the battery out hold the button down, did you also make sure that the device was unplugged? If not, here is the correct way to do it...

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
5. If it does, great, now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in. Yes sometimes they will turn on, or try to turn on, even with nothing attached/plugged in.)
6. Now put the battery back in.

Now if that doesn't help, and you say you heard a "popping" sound, you may have either had the charging circuit blow, or the motherboard...
When you did the battery out hold the button down, did you also make sure that the device was unplugged? If not, here is the correct way to do it...

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
5. If it does, great, now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in. Yes sometimes they will turn on, or try to turn on, even with nothing attached/plugged in.)
6. Now put the battery back in.

Now if that doesn't help, and you say you heard a "popping" sound, you may have either had the charging circuit blow, or the motherboard could be fried. Have you opened it up yet and checked both? The charging circuit is on the motherboard btw.

Solution