Lenovo Backlight Bleeding and Replacement Issues

spotx

Prominent
Sep 20, 2017
Hello,

I had a Lenovo Y700, but a black vertical line appeared on the screen. It was sent for repair service.
The guy on the phone told me "The part will come after 6 weeks"
After 2 months of waiting, I called and the guy on phone "The part will come after 4 weeks." I decided to escalate my ticket.

I was sent 3 laptops with backlight bleeding as replacement. The first was accepted without any questions. The second - I was told to sent it to the Lenovo Customer Manager, and I was told that he cannot find anything wrong with the screen. I was sent a third laptop. The third one is the worst of all of them, and I was told again that it was tested, and the Lenovo guys cannot find anything wrong with it. He wants to send it back to me because he cannot see the backlight bleeding. I have images of all three of them. I have other IPS Screens and none of them has such kind of issue. What can I do to get a refund for my original laptop? The guy tells me that there is nothing wrong with the laptop and I just do not like them. I have never had to deal with such kind of guy. Now, he wants to send it back to me.

Any advice what I should do? I sent my original laptop back in June.

Thank you

COLGeek

Cybernaut
MERGED QUESTION
Question from spotx : "Lenovo Backlight Bleeding and Replacement Issues"