Review Lenovo Chromebook Duet review (hands-on)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 5, 2020
Picked one up today and first impression are as follows:
  • It's heavier than expected but at the price I'm not mad about it. I think I would have preferred a flimsier kickstand over the extra pound of the backplate, not sure
  • ChromeOS is all over the place. Notifications are off to the right of the app tray instead of accessible where you'd think they'd be (top down swipe) which instead refreshes the page. There's no dark mode. The spacing of the icons on the home screen is absolutely ridiculous in tablet mode. Half the settings are in the chrome settings (split) and I can't seem to find a way to turn off annoying/slow animations
  • The multitasking doesn't work like Android, which is unnecessarily confusing. Who decided this needed to be unique?
  • Performance is solid. I fired up Slack, Chrome, Netflix, DuoLingo, etc, no issues
  • No thermal issues so far, battery is still at 70% even though I played with it for hours
  • A bit of a wobbly hinge reminds me of cheap apple smart cases. It's fine
  • Really nice screen overall, in terms of color and brightness
  • The keyboard is a bit cramped but not too bad. I was able to work, it was fine
  • Forced 6-digit unlock or full password unlock are the only two options, which is antiquated and tired. Really needed a fingerprint scanner or face unlock, anything. There's really no excuse for this. Maybe I can find a swipe lock in the app store to resolve this nonsense
  • Some apps just don't have tablet landscape modes. This is the worst part. To catch up with Apple they really need to get on the ball with this

sgodsell

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2013
You guys never mentioned anything about this Lenovo Duet having USI stylus (pen) support. You have to buy that separately, but at least it has pen support as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.