rosieisawesome

Prominent
Jul 4, 2017
I just got a Lenovo V110 for my birthday to use for editing photos for my work. The colour is washed out, and the screen has a dim tinge even though the brightness is up 100% and plugged in. We have tried colour profiles (nothing happened) we have tried display settings, intel settings were the furthest we got but the colour is still way off and the screen is dim, does anyone know how to fix this or have a similar problem? My partner wants to take it to get it returned but now I'm attached to my little alien looking laptop.

rosieisawesome

Prominent
Jul 4, 2017

Hi Kookie,

Thanks for your speedy reply!
It the same dimness whether it's plugged in or on battery. It's the sort of dimness you see when it's on energy saver except it's not energy saver and everything is on 100%.

Normally it would be okay but it was bought so I could edit photos for my shop. When plugged into a TV via HDMI the colours on the TV are fine so it is the laptop screen, so it's hard to edit things when the screen is dim because when it is on another screen the photos look over exposed and rubbish from trying to counter act the dimness.

Lutfij

Splendid
1| Can you please pass on the SKU to your Lenovo unit?

2| Have you made sure your laptop's BIOS is up to date? Following that have you made sure your display driver(courtesy of Intel) are up to date?

3| The screen is supposed to be anti glare and can induce some dull image representation however I'm curious, what are you comparing the screen on your Lenovo unit to? If you've worked off a Dell Ultrasharp display then yeah you're not making an apple's to apple's comparison. The Dell display 'm talking about has a better color representation than those out there.

rosieisawesome

Prominent
Jul 4, 2017

Thank you for your reply!

The answers to the first two questions are basically as I'm basically using it for the first time today (only got it yesterday) I don't want to mess with anything interior incase we need to return it, but it does have anti glare but then it also has no glare from within!
Admittedly I am comparing it an old Mac, Phone, TV, anything with a backlit screen and vibrancy. Is it Just because it's an LCD? My partner spent a long time researching this laptop before hand and all the reviews were great, so if you have any suggestions on how to fix it, or brighten it, that would be great! :)

The only other way I can describe it, is it has a watery grey wash over it, so white's are grey, colours are faded ect