Lenovo Edge 15 2-in-1 Problems with Odd Colors (pink and green) and inconsistency in color changes

MoonyExe

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
I have a Lenovo Edge 15 2-in-1. Ive had it since October 21 2014 and a few months ago, after exactly one year, my screen turned a light pink, and all of the colors in my screen were "off" what should have been black is now a matrix green, and reds arent deep but are more orange than red, i know im out of warranty but i need to kow what are the likely causes and how i can determine which it is........thx for your help....even as i type this the background is a grapefruit pink color , and the text is matrix green(meaning its got a weird white glow overlay on the letters as well) the letters are kind of out of focus too.....anything you can tell me will help....when i hit the preview button just below this text box, the letters are normal black, but still slightly off......this is too weird...

Solution
It's most likely going to be one of two things (in order of likelihood, at least in my experience):

1. Loose or faulty video cable; reseating/reconnecting it properly may eliminate the problem
2. Bad LCD screen; it would have to be replaced if it's showing this type of problem

Unless you're comfortable with servicing your own computer, it would be best to take it to a local shop (probably best to go to a reputable "little guy," rather than a big box retailer like Best Buy's Geek Squad).
It's most likely going to be one of two things (in order of likelihood, at least in my experience):

1. Loose or faulty video cable; reseating/reconnecting it properly may eliminate the problem
2. Bad LCD screen; it would have to be replaced if it's showing this type of problem

Unless you're comfortable with servicing your own computer, it would be best to take it to a local shop (probably best to go to a reputable "little guy," rather than a big box retailer like Best Buy's Geek Squad).

Solution