Lenovo flex 2 15D won't turn on

mbrzoboh

Estimable
Nov 17, 2015
So here's my issue,

I was working on my laptop about a week ago when it spontaneously shut off. Black screen, no lights on the power button or battery indicator - nothing. I left it alone for a while after repeatedly trying to start it back up by pushing the power button - nothing. I thought it could be a battery failure, so I took it apart, disconnected the battery, then reconnected it after about 5 minutes. Nothing. Disconnected battery again, plugged in AC adapter, pushed power button, nothing. Held power button for 1, then 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 60 seconds. Nada. I reconnected the battery again and repeated the power button holding and got nothing. Removed AC adapter and tried with just battery, still nothing. Spontaneously a day or two later, the laptop tried to turn itself on and would get to where the fan started running - about 1 or 2 seconds, then would shut off immediately and try to power on again. This repeated for a long time of it just trying to turn on and spontaneously turning off again - all by itself. While this was happening I tried to plug in the AC adapter, which did nothing. It finally stopped being possessed and now it won't do anything at all. The only light that goes on is the battery indicator light on the side. I got a new battery and installed it, nothing changed. It's not the adapter, since I tried plugging it in to a new, functional different one.

TL;DR: my laptop won't turn on and only the battery indicator light is on.

ancientknight

Estimable
Apr 5, 2015
It's a laptop issue in general, there are possibilities that your charging port is loose. You can search google for a deconstruction/reconstruction tutorial to access the port if you feel comfortable, otherwise you will need professional help to repair.