Lenovo G50-70 fans spin up for half a second, no video, laptop is on.

LightningsalesUK

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
I am having some trouble with my laptop.
The laptop CPU fans seems to spin for half a second when the on button is pressed.
The system seems to be on as the heat sink get hot and the lights on the front indicate it is.
I get no image on the screen and no fan as well.
Physically the computer is in perfect condition, the battery holds good charge and no damage internally.

I have tried with another charger and tried with different RAM installed but the issue persist

SchizTech

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
Is there an image on an external monitor connected by whatever outputs are available? As to the laptop's screen, can you tell if it is blank but lit (it's subtle but you can see it flicker on and off when the laptop starts and shuts off) or if you look really closely can you see an image that just isn't lit?

LightningsalesUK

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013

Thanks for the reply, the monitor shows no signs of life. When plugged into an external monitor it has the same issue.
My HDMI has a light when connected to a powered source however it does have the light in this situation.

Nov 24, 2018
Guys

i had this trouble. Maybe i've been lucky. I opened the laptop using youtube tutorials, I found a screw free to roam and a connector loose (that one next to the supply connector on the motherboard). Moreover, i swapped the 2 ram banks. Now it works!. Let me know if this tip helps.

Bye