Solved! Lenovo G50 stuck on black screen

jacksavage

Prominent
Oct 11, 2017
Hello everybody, the other day I was in the school library studying with a group of friends and I plugged my Lenovo G50 laptop up to the tv monitor using an HDMI port so that I could have the information up on a big screen for everyone to see. Everything went fine during the study session, unplugged the hdmi cable from my computer and went home. However, the next morning when I went to go on my computer, I opened up the laptop and pressed the space bar to start up the computer. If I remember correctly, the computer started up normally (fan started to spin, lights indicating processor function and battery came on) but nothing on the screen until the screen went completely grey and then went black, the state that it is currently in. I have no idea what's going on. If I want to use the computer, I have to plug it into my tv monitor using a hdmi cord so I can actually see what I'm doing.

Anyone have a solution to this problem?

Solution
Sounds like when you disconnected it from the TV you forgot to disconnect it from the programs in the laptop. If you just unplug you will leave your computer looking for an external screen.

So connect it back to the TV and go into the display settings on the computer and set it to use its own display again and not an external one. You should be good after that.
Sounds like when you disconnected it from the TV you forgot to disconnect it from the programs in the laptop. If you just unplug you will leave your computer looking for an external screen.

So connect it back to the TV and go into the display settings on the computer and set it to use its own display again and not an external one. You should be good after that.

Solution

jacksavage

Prominent
Oct 11, 2017

The thing is, while I had the computer plugged into the tv, I was also using the computer itself, just had what I was doing on the computer projected to the tv monitor. When I try to change where the computer is projected to, it says it is currently on "PC screen only" but comes up on the tv monitor but not the pic screen itself