Lenovo G505 beeping sound, nothing on screen

Twinblade98

Estimable
Apr 17, 2014
I've never used the laptop for a long time. But today, plugged in, turned on, nothing on the screen with 3 long beep and 2 short beep. I suspect the ram would be problematic... This happens for a few times before(but no beep though) and the screen was not lit. Restarted it and back to normal again. But suddenly, the problem happen again. After a restart the screen shows nothing, no beep, the fan spin for a while and stop. That is why I kept the laptop in it's box for a long damn time. I also donated the ram, hdd and power chord.

Louise Porkolt

Estimable
Nov 25, 2014
hi there,

if you donated the parts, is it still necessary to solve this issue ??
Did you check if your processor is fixed (with the lock)?
is the RAM the right RAM ? not slower or faster?
can you access the BIOS ?

Let us know,
Cheers, Louise.

Twinblade98

Estimable
Apr 17, 2014
I just wanted to see the laptop working again. All the parts I donated can be acquired again from a store next door.
I think the processor is a BGA one...
And I've heard the RAM slot performance is pretty bad.
Since the monitor is not showing anything, I can't get to the BIOS.
Maybe the sound was made bacause I removed the RAM. I think if I put the RAM back in place again, there is 25% chance for it to fire up again

Louise Porkolt

Estimable
Nov 25, 2014
Sorry for late reply, I was away on a trip for a week.

indeed, without RAM it will not fireup !
Maybe the battery is too low for it to fire up ?

can you check for the laptops brand, type and model ?
I'm curious to know if it is worth making it work !
not because of BGA that it's a good processor. some "Pentium4" most "dual core's" and "Core2Duo's" have BGA.
If you bring your PC to the junkyard: remove the Harddrive in case there is data on it. Some times I go check for parts (for pc's for school, no budget) see allot of pc's in the junkyard with all data still on it.

Cheers, Louise