Lenovo g505s not charging and flashing lights

davination2014

Commendable
Aug 8, 2016
Hello all,
I have a Lenovo g505s, and last week it stopped charging, so thinking it was the charger got a new one, and still didn't work. So, I took it in and they changed the port thinking it was that, when I powered it up in the shop it didn't charge right away and took a few tries, but clearly it did as the battery was now full. When I brought it home, it worked fine for a few hours, then I closed my laptop for like 30-40 minutes and then when I opened it, it has stopped charging again and soon died due to no power. I removed the battery and tried to power it on when it's connected with no luck, can someone help me please?

Solution
The charger might have overheated or the battery is nearly dead perhaps? Try cleaning the little gold contacts on the battery, then start the laptop with the battery out of it ... just plugged into the charger ... it should fire up ... or there is something wrong with the charger. If it fires up, plug the battery back in, then look to see the light indicates it is charging. Try not to let the battery go completely flat if this works.
The charger might have overheated or the battery is nearly dead perhaps? Try cleaning the little gold contacts on the battery, then start the laptop with the battery out of it ... just plugged into the charger ... it should fire up ... or there is something wrong with the charger. If it fires up, plug the battery back in, then look to see the light indicates it is charging. Try not to let the battery go completely flat if this works.

Solution

Vagelis_papas

Commendable
Sep 11, 2016

Dear Devination, I have exactly the same problem on an g505s also.and I am trying to find a solution for over a month now, to no avail.
I was adviced to take it to the local Lenovo dealer, but I dont trust them because they charge a lot and they just change the whole motherboard, so they charge you for the whole motherboard!!!

Did you have any success in solving the problem in your laptop?
I would be greatfull if you let me know if you fixed this in one way or onother!

Thanks in advance!

Karl Magnus

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016

Hey buddy,
I am having the exact same problem. This issue suddenly started today and I am not sure how to take this ahead.
I called lenovo and explained the issue to them and they told me to send the laptop to their service center. For the money that they charge, I can buy another laptop.
I hope someone comes up with a solution. Keeping my fingers crossed.

vdlnt.007

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018
Hi all,
I am also facing the same issue with my laptop. Did you get you issue resolved yet, coz I tried removing battery and cleaning. Also I checked my charger with other laptop, it us working fine.

Thanks in advance