Lenovo G505s support plz

tathai97

Estimable
Jun 23, 2015
I am posting here few questions...which I need answers...plz answer with my question number.
LENOVO G505S : AMD A10 5750M , AMD DUAL GPU 8570M + 8650G, 8GB RAM. OS :win7 x64

1. Which graphics driver to install..the one in Lenovo support page..v12 I think.. That shows me both GPU correctly. Or. One in and website 14.12 which shows 8650g correctly and shows 8500m instead of 8570m..

2. I want to over clock the GPU..both..together..
And in MSI afterburner it shows only 1 GPU.. When selecting dual...all settings r greyed out..

3. When using AMD Overdrive..the TURBO CONTROL is grayed out..restarting several times also doesn't work...and reinstalling also doesn't work..

4. The 8570m is I think dedicated of 2 GB..and 8650g is of 512mb I think..
Now when I enable both dual GPU in catalyst control ..then game shows both GPU but GPU memory is 768 MB or sometimes 1.2 GB in some games...
And if I disable dual GPU..it shows 2 GB but GPU name shows 8650g which is integrated. How???

5. Last question..I want to know enabling both will give more quality or just enabling one...
And also PLZ SAY THAT HOW TO ENABLE ONLY DEDICATED GPU ..I WANT TO USE ONLY DEDICATED BUT CANT ENABLE..

PLZ ANSWER ALL THIS QUESTIONES...
NO ONE HAS EVER HELPED ME..PLZZZ

popatim

Splendid
What you want to do cant be done as far as I know. One of your graphics cards is not a graphics card; its an APU (its part of the processor) and cant be controlled thru the normal utilities. it also uses ram dynamically. It uses what it needs and leave the rest for the system. This is why you see the numbers change. If you want to use only the dedicated gpu then disable the integrated one in the bios.

tathai97

Estimable
Jun 23, 2015

But bro...how to enable only one GPU...
In bios it is showing switchable and UMA GPU..