Lenovo G5070 recovery clone to a new hard disk

foxdie222

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
I have a lenovo g5070 with genuine win 8.1 installed in a stock hard drive that is of 500gb. I bought a new hard drive of 1tb and I want to switch my os and recovery partition to that drive. I have tried every method of hard disk cloning from acronis to mini tool partition wizard, the os boots fine but the recovery (one key recovery) doesn't. It shows the error 'the program can't restore the system partition because its structure is incorrect "Please help.

Solution

You can simply download the utility from your laptop manufacturer's website. I believe it should be available in the support tab.
As for the backup, I'd suggest to do it on an external HDD or an online storage cloud.
Somewhere other than your laptop, that's for sure.

Let me know if you have any other questions! :)
SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Hey there, foxdie222!

Since you have the genuine Win 8.1 installation, I'd suggest to clean install Windows on the new HDD.
You should be able to use the same Product Key, since it's the same laptop.
If you decide to go with the fresh install, make sure you've disconnected the old HDD from the system and you have plugged the new one in the primary (first) SATA port.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! :)
SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014

You can simply download the utility from your laptop manufacturer's website. I believe it should be available in the support tab.
As for the backup, I'd suggest to do it on an external HDD or an online storage cloud.
Somewhere other than your laptop, that's for sure.

Let me know if you have any other questions! :)
SuperSoph_WD

Solution