Lenovo g510 won't turn on

BaltazarIX

Estimable
Jan 26, 2016
Hey. 2 weeks ago when I was using my laptop (I was playing football manager) my device suddenly turned off. I had pluged charger and battery (which was 60%). For this moment when charger sticks on my laptop leds aren't working. Device is completly dead. Btw sorry for mistakes.

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Do a hard reset first, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then boot it back up and see if it will load normally.
- Next is to test the AC adapter if it's supplying enough voltage or try another AC adapter that has the same voltage.
- Also do connect your laptop onto an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it because if you the problem may lie in display itself.
- If all these will not work do reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly into each slot.
- And again if all these will not work the problem would be in the motherboard.

BaltazarIX

Estimable
Jan 26, 2016
@Laptop_Nerd, thanks for your answer.

When I called to support somebody told me that I should try to unplug charger and hold power button for 64 seconds then plug charger and try to turn on device. I also tried this method without battery and with 20 seconds way as you said. No results...

I don't think that try with an external monitor will help because I can't hear any sound when I'm trying to boot up my laptop.

You also mentioned something about RAM memory, but I'm not sure if I want to risk to open my laptop. Sometimes I'm like badluck Brian so maybe I will leave it.

Finally as I guessed it could be unfortunetly somerhing with motherboard. I called to support to request warranty repair but here in Poland we have many troubles with Lenovo support. I'm waiting for 13th January and my laptop even don't leaved my apartment.

I'm sorry for any miastakes, I'm grateful for your time and exhaustive statement.