Lenovo G580 [Windows 8] Difficulty booting into Windows

Jaren Jackson

Estimable
Feb 10, 2014
I need help with my laptop since it is no longer under warranty and I can't seem to get Windows to start anymore. It used to work fine, but then it wouldn't start sometimes and I had to turn it off and on a few times to get it to boot. Then it wouldn't boot no matter how many times I turned it on and off so I tried removing the battery and power supply for about 10 seconds but it still wouldn't start. Then i removed the CMOS battery too and plugged in only cord. The power light started blinking and I heard a faint beep and then after a few times it started up. When I restarted it again the computer would not start up whatsoever, it just does the power light blinking and beeping, then the light goes steady and the screen remain completely black. I need to be able to use this computer. I cannot afford a new one and all I have left for internet browsing is my iphone.

The laptop is a Lenovo G580 with WIndows 8 installed.

Wherewolfe

Estimable
Aug 22, 2014
I am having the same problem, but it was a gift that origin is unknown. I was getting no display, a webcam light, and beeps of 1-3-3. The RAM chip was not properly inserted. Well I fixed that rather quickly, but now it doesnt beep, or boot nor can I hear the laptop trying to work. I can only hear the cd drive and it is empty. I tried to use Lenova boot generator with no luck. I tried UBCD ( ULTIMATE BOOT CD) no luck. Now what? If you find an answer, please do tell and I will return the favor.