Lenovo IDEA PAD 100s 14IBR won’t boot

Jun 4, 2018
Hi I have an Lenovo idea pad 100s 14IBR . So I decided to reset everything on this laptop and halfway through resetting it gave me an error saying unable to reset then once I canceled the resetting process I turned on my laptop and it keeps showing the Lenovo logo and then gives me a black screen and so on please help.

Also tried this but no luck with that..

“Try this and see if it works...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.”

AroStewart

Estimable
Apr 17, 2015
You might not have a choice. It seems like the HDD or SSD became corrupted after the installation process was canceled. Try doing a system restore point to see if it would restore to the previous state. Or you can connect the previos HDD into another computer to get the data off that way before reinstalling Windows on it.

Jun 4, 2018

Don’t have another computer to do it on sadly . Is there any other way to fix it ? Or can I replace the HDD on this laptop ?

Jun 4, 2018
When I go to the Boot Menu and clicked on Windows Boot Manager it took me back to the same screen and it’s justs showing the same Lenovo logo and then a black screen and so on.

whitey86

Estimable
Jun 22, 2014
Did you attept to reset it by pressing the circly arrow button to the right of the power button, of not turn ot off then jist press the circly arrow button then select recovery, this may tale you to werw yoi can reset to factory settings