Solved! Lenovo IdeaPad 110-15IBR Missing drivers after downgrading from Windows 10 to 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaDuck

Estimable
Dec 4, 2016
Lenovo only lists drivers for Windows 7 and Windows 10.

I managed to find a WLAN driver for 8.1 and install most of the other missing drivers. All but two: SMBus and an "Unknown Device" which is apparently for ACPI.

The laptop is much faster now on this OS. I just want to find the missing drivers.

Solution
OK, so I've managed to install both of the missing drivers. The best practice is installing the drivers from the actual manufacturer or vendor website. But I'm desperate. So I used two programs to help with finding the drivers. First is 3DP Chip to install the SMBus driver and the second one is Snappy Driver Installer to install the ACPI driver.

I tried my best to read reviews and comments between these two software and as far as I can tell they are one of the more reliable softwares for finding drivers. I'm sure there's someone there who absolutely despises software like these and would rather live with a missing driver. I've read comments that all driver update software are malware, virus, scam, etc. But it seems like those are...

JaDuck

Estimable
Dec 4, 2016
OK, so I've managed to install both of the missing drivers. The best practice is installing the drivers from the actual manufacturer or vendor website. But I'm desperate. So I used two programs to help with finding the drivers. First is 3DP Chip to install the SMBus driver and the second one is Snappy Driver Installer to install the ACPI driver.

I tried my best to read reviews and comments between these two software and as far as I can tell they are one of the more reliable softwares for finding drivers. I'm sure there's someone there who absolutely despises software like these and would rather live with a missing driver. I've read comments that all driver update software are malware, virus, scam, etc. But it seems like those are mostly from people who generalize, not the people who actually tried to use the program to make their own decision. I wasn't able to find someone who specifically said they used either of the two and had problems with virus, malware, etc.

But if you're reading this and you're having the same issue, proceed at your own risk! Create backups and restore points before installing any driver. I'll try to update this thread if I encounter any issues like BSODs, etc.

Edit: Use the Origin version/fork if you're going to use Snappy or you may have issues with adware/malware.

Last edited:
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.