Question Lenovo IdeaPad 3 using integrated graphics

Sep 30, 2020
This is a fairly brand new laptop, just 2 months old.
Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3

i5 10th gen
8gb ram
gtx1650

It was working fine until today it just decided to start using integrated intel uhd graphics instead of gtx1650.
So I watched some youtube videos and googled some stuff trying to figure it out, but they never worked.

I updated the driver up to date, rebooted multiple times, did not work.
Went on nvidia control panel to switch preferred graphics processor, and the drop down menu in global settings doesn't even drop. I'm just stuck at integrated graphics.
So I clicked on the restore to default button which gave me the drop down options, then I change it to the high quality one, but when I click on apply changes it returns to the state of being stuck at integrated graphics.

I go to dxdiag there are 2 displays one with intel graphics and the other with nvidia graphics.
In task manager there are 2 graphics. GPU 0 is the integrated and GPU 1 is gtx1650 but GPU 1 is always at 0% usage no matter what I do.

I'm so frustrated right now can someone help?

Sep 30, 2020
I even tried disabling intel graphics in windows control panel, still not working..

In the windows control panel on display adapters they are both showing up and saying that they are working properly

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SamDDG Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 0
Pranav_789 Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 2
F Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 4
slepong Laptop Tech Support 1
Griffin27 Laptop Tech Support 0
C Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 1