Lenovo Ideapad 310 brightness issue

Ken Chowder

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017
I have a new Lenovo Ideapad 310-15abr, Windows 10, 64 bit, AMD with a Radeon 7 graphics card, with a display problem. When I unplug the power (so it's on battery), the screen dims. So I went to Power Options and changed the power plan both on and off battery so the screen is at 100 percent brightness. Didn't work. Tried a Custom Plan and then went back to a High Performance plan. I turned off Adaptive brightness; disabled the Sensor Monitoring service; updated the Graphic Card driver;disabled and then enabled the Graphic Card again. Turned off Lenovo's Power Options called Power Stretch and Conservation mode. Also updated the AMD VGA driver. Nothing works. Still dim when on battery.

One thing that I have NOT triedit is changing the registry value by using Regedit command and changing the Feature Test Control. I didn't try it for two reasons. One is that I'm not sure what to reset it to (I've seen "ffff" as the setting and something else longer and more complicated). The other reason is that I am too much of a dumbie to be messing with registry values, basically.

I've seen this question asked on Lenovo forums a couple of times, but no very definitive answers. People usually just tell you to 1) update the AMD Graphic Card driver, which I've done, or 2) change the Power and Sleep settings so the brightness is on 100% when On Battery, which of course I've done. ANY OTHER ANSWERS would be welcome! Thanks -- Ken

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Ken Chowder : "Lenovo Ideapad LED lights completely gone"

Perfectjake

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
You could check in Lenovo Energy manager or some other bundled lenovo software on the system, I remember a problem I had on someones computer where if you looked away from the computer it would dim the screen