Lenovo Ideapad 320-14AST - HELP NEEDED

Jul 9, 2018
Hi,

This is my first post here so forgive me if I miss any details that are needed.

I purchased a Lenovo 320-14AST brand new and it is mega slow! I purchased going off the specs which are below:

1TB HDD 5400RPM
8GB DDR4 RAM
AMD A9 9420 CPU @ 3.00GHz
Intergrated Raedon R5 Graphics

I have already completed a “Fresh Start” which didn’t help and following that have done a clean install of Windows 10 using the Microsoft provided ISO.

I’m not sure if it’s a fault or software related but CPU usage in task manager is sporadic and jumps up to 100% when I open 1 tab in chrome.

Looking at the specs I imagined this would handle tasks fairly easily however I’m looking at 10+ seconds to open a webpage and would like to know if there is anything else I can do before I attempt to return it.

Thanks in advance

Airen

hang-the-9

Titan
New system, can take a while to run through updates that can slow things down. The hard drive in that thing is also slow. When you ran the clean setup of Windows, did you go to Lenovo's web site and download the drivers for the system also?

Jul 9, 2018
@hang-the-9 I have left it since Tuesday last week to get up to date, the clean install was the most recent build of Windows 10, I have used the Lenovo drivers and also just used the windows ones on a different clean install but no success, the CPU looks to be the problem and struggling with basic tasks such as opening the start menu! The CPU is constantly 80%+ even when idle.
I did think about the HDD as was thinking of returning it and getting the Ideapad 320 with intel Core i3 7th Gen and 128GB SSD but wanted to see if I could find a solution before going through the hassle of a return.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Laptop Tech Support 6
S Laptop Tech Support 0
Mercury619 Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 5
SamDDG Laptop Tech Support 1
idkwhatswrong Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 0
Pranav_789 Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 2
F Laptop Tech Support 1