Lenovo Ideapad 320-14AST - HELP NEEDED

Jul 9, 2018
Hi,

This is my first post here so forgive me if I miss any details that are needed.

I purchased a Lenovo 320-14AST brand new and it is mega slow! I purchased going off the specs which are below:

1TB HDD 5400RPM
8GB DDR4 RAM
AMD A9 9420 CPU @ 3.00GHz
Intergrated Raedon R5 Graphics

I have already completed a “Fresh Start” which didn’t help and following that have done a clean install of Windows 10 using the Microsoft provided ISO.

I’m not sure if it’s a fault or software related but CPU usage in task manager is sporadic and jumps up to 100% when I open 1 tab in chrome.

Looking at the specs I imagined this would handle tasks fairly easily however I’m looking at 10+ seconds to open a webpage and would like to know if there is anything else I can do before I attempt to return it.

Thanks in advance

Airen

Solution
The CPU is not that bad, it's a lot better than the real cheap systems. Should not be running that high through, seems something wrong with the Windows setup.
Jul 9, 2018
@hang-the-9 I have left it since Tuesday last week to get up to date, the clean install was the most recent build of Windows 10, I have used the Lenovo drivers and also just used the windows ones on a different clean install but no success, the CPU looks to be the problem and struggling with basic tasks such as opening the start menu! The CPU is constantly 80%+ even when idle.
I did think about the HDD as was thinking of returning it and getting the Ideapad 320 with intel Core i3 7th Gen and 128GB SSD but wanted to see if I could find a solution before going through the hassle of a return.