Solved! Lenovo Ideapad L340 Gaming laptop battery backup suddely cut in half overnight

Sep 30, 2020
I have just bought my laptop 2 months back and it was giving me around 5 hours of battery backup up until yesterday. Since i have booted up my laptop today its giving me just a little over 2 hours of battery while doing the same task, web browsing, movies, netflix. So the battery life has effectively cut in half over night. I have tried to check battery setting, background tasks and no luck everything seems normal. Could a virus or corrupted windows be a reason?

Solution
You should check for infections. I suugest using at "off-line" checker such as the one supplied with Win10. Type Windows Security in the search box (by the Windows Start icon on the task bar). Then click on Virus & Threat Protection and scan options. Select offline scan. This won't detect all issues but is a good start. Another thing to check is task manager. I hope you are already familiar with this tool. Lastly, since the machine is almost new, it should be under warentee. Call the vendor help line and ask for assistance.
You should check for infections. I suugest using at "off-line" checker such as the one supplied with Win10. Type Windows Security in the search box (by the Windows Start icon on the task bar). Then click on Virus & Threat Protection and scan options. Select offline scan. This won't detect all issues but is a good start. Another thing to check is task manager. I hope you are already familiar with this tool. Lastly, since the machine is almost new, it should be under warentee. Call the vendor help line and ask for assistance.

Solution