Solved! Lenovo Ideapad U330P won't boot! Screen flickering

Nov 15, 2020
I have a Lenovo Ideapad U330P with Windows 10. For some reason I've been having problems recently when my laptop restarts.

When I try to restart my laptop the screen turns on but it's is all black and flickers repeatedly. It just stays like that and I don't even get to see the Lenovo logo. It just doesn't get past this. I've done countless hard resets. I've tried using the NOVO button or accessing safe mode too, but to no avail. It seems to be completely stuck in boot loop!

So my solution is far has been to keep it on, without the power adapter plugged in, to drain the battery until it dies. Then I let it charge overnight. This used to work, but lately it hasn't. I've tried removing the battery and starting it too.

And when I finally do manage to make it boot, all my tabs and programs are still up and running, despite several hard resets. I mean, shouldn't the laptop just restart completely after a hard reset? All my windows should have been closed? The screen doesn't flicker when the device has fully turned on as it works perfectly.

Does anyone know what the problem might be? Or if there is anything I can do to prevent it from happening again? It's just so frustrating!

Also whenever I plug/unplug the adapter, the laptop makes a "beeping" sound.

Solution
If a clean Windows setup did not fix that, that points to a hardware issue with possibly the screen, screen connection, video card, and may be RAM at times also. Since the system uses shared memory for video card an issue with the system RAM can cause display issues.
If a clean Windows setup did not fix that, that points to a hardware issue with possibly the screen, screen connection, video card, and may be RAM at times also. Since the system uses shared memory for video card an issue with the system RAM can cause display issues.

Solution