Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 battery replacement?

Mauns

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
I have been looking at getting one of the IdeaPad Y500s while they are on sale, but I am concerned that I haven't been able to find a legitimate looking replacement battery anywhere online - even Lenovo's parts&accessories site. I would like to at the very least get a 2nd that I can use while gaming and save the life of the original - has anyone successfully gotten a replacement battery for these? I would especially like to find a 9 cell - there are a lot of aftermarket 9 cells for other models (also looking at the Dell 15R SE), but I really haven't found anything for the Y500.

Thanks!

Mauns

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010

Thanks - I looked at Lenovo's site and Newegg first, but I couldn't find anything listed as directly compatible with the y500 - not even on a google search. I don't own one myself, and I can't find a model number. The only thing I found was this (and a bunch of duplicate hits from the same site with different URLs), and I can't really tell if that site is all that trustworthy. I was wondering if the y500 batteries go by some other code name or something, because searches don't turn anything up.

g-unit1111

Distinguished

Yeah I had to get an A/C adapter that was rated "Compatible with Y580" but it works just fine.