Lenovo IdeaPad700 Screen Freezing

tommulvey

Estimable
Apr 15, 2014
When in fullscreen applications, games, and I try to change resolution or go into windowed mode, my screen will freeze. If there is audio-it continues. The screen is just stuck. I've tried updating drivers, downgrading them, still no change. any suggestions? :)

Solution
You may want to look at what is running in the background when this occurs. If other things are using or have used up your resources then this would lead to the freezing.

Stopping anything from running that doesn't need to be would be a good way to resolve it. Some programs, unfortunately, are resource hogs. Also, some will run in the background, from computer start up, without you even realizing they are running. Even if you haven't launched the program yourself.
You may want to look at what is running in the background when this occurs. If other things are using or have used up your resources then this would lead to the freezing.

Stopping anything from running that doesn't need to be would be a good way to resolve it. Some programs, unfortunately, are resource hogs. Also, some will run in the background, from computer start up, without you even realizing they are running. Even if you haven't launched the program yourself.

Solution