Lenovo Laptop freezes completely with graphics driver installed, works otherwise

heathp

Prominent
Apr 2, 2017
I have a Lenovo g50-45 laptop, Windows 8, with integrated AMD Radeon R5 graphics. The last few months I've had a problem with the machine freezing solid to the point that it won't work for more than a few minutes at a time, sometimes reinstalling everything helps for a week or so, sometimes it doesn't. So yesterday, after freezing up trying to play my favourite games or watch netflix, or really use my browser at all, I decide, what the heck, and uninstall the driver for the graphics card. I install the drivers from lenovo's site as every site suggests, but lo and behold, so far since yesterday so freezes, no hangs, no problems,other than I can't use anything that requires a graphics card! I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this machine, is there another driver version that might work better, is there another issue that could be causing the graphics card to malfunction when the driver is installed? Keep in mind I reinstalled the entire machine from clean format 2 days ago. Any help would be appreciated, I plan on buying a new machine but that is a few months off, I've love to somehow make this thing work until then.

Solution
Don't have experience with that machine, but sometimes in these situations the best thing to do is a system wipe and fresh install of windows and all your drivers. Get everything back to 0 and start over is what I would recommend doing

Kronima

Commendable
Sep 16, 2016
Don't have experience with that machine, but sometimes in these situations the best thing to do is a system wipe and fresh install of windows and all your drivers. Get everything back to 0 and start over is what I would recommend doing

Solution