lenovo laptop not switching on

Jul 21, 2018
My laptop (lenovo touch screen) is not switching on. The power button shows 'on' but the screen is off and is not turning on. What should I do??

Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ChizDawg211 Laptop Tech Support 1
celassad Laptop Tech Support 1
zulfanmr Laptop Tech Support 3
G Laptop Tech Support 3
kath123k Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 5
B Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1