Question Lenovo laptop resets itself to default

Apr 7, 2019
Best answers
I own a Lenovo laptop, which switches off on its own every few weeks and when I reboot it, it has everything reset to default on its own. That means desktop wallpaper, all files on desktop, document and downloads folder, App settings, etc all wiped out. I need to re-authorize any softwares I bought, change my default app settings again, and all that jazz. The only files that survive are the ones saved under C drive.. anything else left out of C:: are just constantly under the threat of disappearing suddenly.

This began after I removed the HDD and placed it back in the laptop (I was trying to switch to SDD, but they didn't send it in time and I had works to do). Any files I had before pulling HDD out could be found under C/users/username, and the files stay saved there normally as long as I keep them there. If not, the laptop pulls this stunt every few weeks and wipes it all off. I can try to not loose my data with some precautions but it's very time consuming to authorize and set up everything again every time this happens; please Help.

Ps. there wasn't any update.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Laptop General Discussion 1
M Laptop General Discussion 0
L Laptop General Discussion 1
GauravRawat Laptop General Discussion 2
D Laptop General Discussion 7
packersfan036 Laptop General Discussion 4
C Laptop General Discussion 1
V Laptop General Discussion 3
D Laptop General Discussion 1
H Laptop General Discussion 3