Lenovo S206 black screen, no boot

JLH3553

Estimable
Dec 13, 2015
Hi, I'm new on that forum and turn to Tom's community for help,

I have an Lenovo S206 under Windows 7 which was running fine for almost 3 years now and failed suddendly.
The only visible sign of life when powering up the laptop is the fan running (Not even at a constant speed).. nothing displayed on the screen and no beep.

I've tried all the suggestions I read on the web to resume the laptop, I've unpluged the battery, unpluged the CMOS battery, the HDD, the memory card, pressed the power button for more than 30 seconds, pluged an external screen on the HDMI connector, hit all the Fn hot keys combination to at least display something either on the Laptop LCD screen or on the external display, no luck, nothing works still and only that fan running.

What do you think ? and what can I do more to diagnose that failing S206 ? I need your help and expertise, thanks

Jean

Hi,

You've pretty much done all the possible troubleshooting steps that could have solved the issue. The problem lies on the motherboard of your laptop being faulty already. I would suggest sending it for a repair but might cost much than a new laptop. But one last test you can do is to try another AC adapter because it may just be a faulty charger only.

JLH3553

Estimable
Dec 13, 2015
Thanks Laptop_Nerd for your answer,
Yes unfortunately I came to the same conclusion, could possibly be the imbedded graphics component on the MoBo which is dead, since I've completely dismantled the latop and reassembled it in order to reset all cables and flat cables without any success :-(

Thanks for your interest.
Jean