Question Lenovo screen totally black after change

Aug 7, 2019
Good morning,

When changing the screen of my Thinkpad X1 Carbon (1st generation), I encountered a problem: I disconnected the old screen, I put the new one in, I started the machine and everything works, great! and the one very, very, very bad idea comes to mind: Reconnect the old screen but WITHOUT TURNING OFF THE COMPUTER. So I unplug the new one and reconnect the old one and the black screen (the screen does not even turn on, it remains totally black) So I think that the screen has given its last breath of life and I reconnect the old one still with the computer on and the same screen totally black (off). I restart, hard reboot (with the button reset at the back of the computer) and I do the manip: 10 press on the power button (pressure of 1 second each one) then a push of 20 seconds and still nothing the problem remains the totally black screen (off). But if I plug in a screen into HDMI, everything is fine, it works perfectly.When I have a screen plugged into HDMI and I go into display to get the list of screens, the screen is well recognized (the real screen of the computer).

So I’m asking for your help.

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
nox4 Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 0
C Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
navidelip Laptop Tech Support 1
dude_is_that_pasta Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
Paladin54 Laptop Tech Support 4
P Laptop Tech Support 3