Lenovo SSD and possible Power Issues

xamarshahx

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
I installed a PNY Optima 128GB SSD on my Lenovo U550 3749. After installation everything was working fine until I got a blue screen. I ran the verifier from the run command as recommended elsewhere in this forum and removed a Unknown Device from the Device Manager. At that time I also reattached the housing underneath the laptop. I rebooted and started to run a Windows Update and plugged in the power. All of a sudden the screen went scrambled and then blank.

Whenever I hit the power button the laptop would turn on, with nothing on the screen and the HDD lights would not flash, the DVD drive would work. I tried removing the drive and reinstalling it without the foam spacer that was included. It started working again. While it was running I picked up the laptop, the screen froze, I had to turn the power off and it did the same thing as I turned it back on. Blank screen, no flashing HDD lights.

This morning I took it to work, it magically started to work, as it was finishing the boot process I plug in the power cable and it does the same thing with the scrambled screen and no longer works. I have tried removing the battery and holding the power button. What could be causing this issue?

Thank you!

xamarshahx

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
Seems like it was a memory issue. Taking it out and replacing it repeatedly fixed it. Ran mem tests and claims everything is ok. Have new Crucial memory on the way.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jonbremont Laptop Tech Support 5
MarleT Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 1
ShravanM Laptop Tech Support 10
roystons Laptop Tech Support 0
nerdyotter Laptop Tech Support 0
Jewelsfaye Laptop Tech Support 0
D Laptop Tech Support 0
celassad Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 1
ionutdragos Laptop Tech Support 1