Solved! Lenovo T14 not shutting down quickly

Oct 20, 2021
I have a new T14 Lenovo. When shutting down computer, everything shuts down as it should but it physically "hangs" with the power LED on (or blinks sometimes) for upwards of 30 seconds or more. Doesn't do it ALL the time, but more than not. I have all the firmware updates and other updates applied. It's extremely annoying. The funny thing is I've had two previous Lenovo's that did the same thing. It's running Windows but not sure it's a Windows thing as Windows has already shut down. Any ideas?

Solution
I would suggest you not worry about it. There are still software processes that are shutting down. One way to help with this is to do a clean Windows reinstall but you really don't want to do that for just this issue. I would really just live with it unless something else is amiss.
I would suggest you not worry about it. There are still software processes that are shutting down. One way to help with this is to do a clean Windows reinstall but you really don't want to do that for just this issue. I would really just live with it unless something else is amiss.

Solution