News Lenovo Tab P11 is cheaper than the iPad and packs better features

Mar 17, 2021
When is the P11 actually coming out?

Lenovo has been close to the chest about the release of the P11 in North America. While it has been available for several months in the rest of the world, and was released under a different model name in China over 7 months ago, if not longer, for some reason, Lenovo has continued to advertise the P11 as "coming soon" on their North American websites. My suspicion is they are trying to clear older models (which they have been selling with high discounts) out of the channel, before introducing it for North America.

I spoke with US Customer Service and they were cagey but I pressed the matter, and told it wouldn't be available until sometime in May. That's very disappointing considering they announced it as being available in January at CES, which is located in the US.

Apr 6, 2021
Lenovo has been close to the chest about the release of the P11 in North America. While it has been available for several months in the rest of the world, and was released under a different model name in China over 7 months ago, if not longer, for some reason, Lenovo has continued to advertise the P11 as "coming soon" on their North American websites. My suspicion is they are trying to clear older models (which they have been selling with high discounts) out of the channel, before introducing it for North America.

I spoke with US Customer Service and they were cagey but I pressed the matter, and told it wouldn't be available until sometime in May. That's very disappointing considering they announced it as being available in January at CES, which is located in the US.
Will the Lenovo Tab P11 have android 11 update?

Mar 17, 2021
Lenovo is really good with drivers and such for their costly enterprise products which are mainly bought by governments, businesses and industry. They are, however, equally bad with Android updates on some devices. I own a Lenovo tablet which was, at the time, "their top of the line" consumer product, and it wasn't cheap. They neither updated the version of Android (it is stuck on 7.1.1) since I bought it, nor was the Android security kernel updated, which was already a year old when I got the tablet, leaving it vulnerable. Let me tell you, they left a lot of pretty P.O.'d owners, especially since they DID provide an Android update for their least expensive 10" tablet of the time. They are erratic at best.

I don't know what is holding up the P11. It is actually the first replacement for the tablet I bought years ago, so I am looking into it. It could be shortages of chips which is devastating high tech right now with most everyone, or maybe it is some licensing battle, who knows... they are not very transparent.

I own a number of Lenovo enterprise laptops, and they are built like tanks, use great tech, and are supported for years and years, they are just very expensive to buy. The one I am typing on is now 9 years old and running Win 10 and doing it well, so I don't mean to slag Lenovo products, but their support and customer service on the consumer lines is spotty at best.

The delay in the introduction in N.A. might ultimately be a gift, however, as they may consider updating the Android version before release. Also, the likelihood of high volume sales, with its features and price point might protect it from being forgotten when it comes to upgrades. One can only hope.

Reactions: Sarkirssian
Apr 6, 2021
Lenovo is really good with drivers and such for their costly enterprise products which are mainly bought by governments, businesses and industry. They are, however, equally bad with Android updates on some devices. I own a Lenovo tablet which was, at the time, "their top of the line" consumer product, and it wasn't cheap. They neither updated the version of Android (it is stuck on 7.1.1) since I bought it, nor was the Android security kernel updated, which was already a year old when I got the tablet, leaving it vulnerable. Let me tell you, they left a lot of pretty P.O.'d owners, especially since they DID provide an Android update for their least expensive 10" tablet of the time. They are erratic at best.

I don't know what is holding up the P11. It is actually the first replacement for the tablet I bought years ago, so I am looking into it. It could be shortages of chips which is devastating high tech right now with most everyone, or maybe it is some licensing battle, who knows... they are not very transparent.

I own a number of Lenovo enterprise laptops, and they are built like tanks, use great tech, and are supported for years and years, they are just very expensive to buy. The one I am typing on is now 9 years old and running Win 10 and doing it well, so I don't mean to slag Lenovo products, but their support and customer service on the consumer lines is spotty at best.

The delay in the introduction in N.A. might ultimately be a gift, however, as they may consider updating the Android version before release. Also, the likelihood of high volume sales, with its features and price point might protect it from being forgotten when it comes to upgrades. One can only hope.

Thank you so much for the info :) Have a great day.