Solved! Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E430 - replaceHDD with SSD

Shalmaneser

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2013
I just picked up a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E430. I'd like to HDD with SSD.
After a look on the lenovo website, there's no recovery disks available for this 2012 machine. That doesn't mean they don't exist from lenovo, just that I didn't figure out their support. Pointers welcome.
I have the working HDD.
I have a system capable of doing a direct SATA copy from HDD to SSD.
I'd rather do a new install of W10 (if supported) I can't get my W10 USB drive to boot for an install.
Software suggestions?

Solution
Macrium Reflect, do a clone of the old disk to the new one (assuming the space used fits on the SSD you got). Install the program, the options will let you create a USB boot stick. Use that to boot from with the new drive connected externally, clone the old disk to the new one. Just make sure you don't reverse that or you will wipe the existing disk.

That model should work with USB boot, are you going to the boot menu and selecting the USB drive to boot from? Did you try making a new Win 10 setup drive?
Macrium Reflect, do a clone of the old disk to the new one (assuming the space used fits on the SSD you got). Install the program, the options will let you create a USB boot stick. Use that to boot from with the new drive connected externally, clone the old disk to the new one. Just make sure you don't reverse that or you will wipe the existing disk.

That model should work with USB boot, are you going to the boot menu and selecting the USB drive to boot from? Did you try making a new Win 10 setup drive?

Solution