Question Lenovo ThinkPad T460s

alfonso708

Estimable
Nov 27, 2018
I have a Lenovo T460s ThinkPad that is booting into Windows automatic repair. This only happens when the ac adapter is plugged in. When I remove the charger and power on again, the laptop boors into Windows with no problems. Any ideas of what the problem could be? I have swapped out the ram with good know ram modules and different power adapters. Also tried different hard drives and still the problem persists.

Strange. While I don't have a suggestion for how to fix this, I have a couple of suggestions. First a question--if you let the repair operation complete does the machine then boot up while still plugged in?

I have never looked for the log files that undoubtedly are being created during the repair, but perhaps you can find those. Start by looking in Windows/Logs and looking for a file with the proper date and time. Windows log files are a pain to sort through, but if you can see what repair thinks is wrong, that may lead to an answer. Typically I search the log files looking for a key word like ERR or WARN.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 0
X Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 0
C Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 1
Ksomoso Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 2