Lenovo V570 wont turn on

RagingDepression

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017
I have a Lenovo V570 won't charge or turn on. It's my wife's laptop and she used it until it died and let is sit for a few months and now needs its. I tried hot swapping the battery to start charge and nothing, no lights on in front panel at all. The AC adapter light is orange an lit (not sure if it means anything) but it won't turn on or charge at all. Should i replace the battery and adapter or try one then the other or is there a larger problem at fault. Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Solution
Like many others, my V570 started being difficult to power up and wake up. It had gotten very sluggish--and had the power up issues. Even when I could get it to power up, it would go to sleep after a few minutes and would never wake up.

I tried all the usual solutions (battery out, hold down power button for ten seconds, retry, etc) but none of it worked. In desperation, I finally ordered a new mother board. It's due to arrive in a couple days.

Today, on a whim, I decided to try resetting the bios. I pulled the battery and the HD cover and unplugged the bios. After ten seconds I plugged it back in. Now my machine works like new! The sluggishness is gone and it powers up/wakes up as it is supposed to.

Hope this helps
Try seeing if it will run with the adapter only and the battery out. Some will/some won't.

If that doesn't resolve it, then you probably need to replace the battery.

Were it the adapter only, then the device would charge when it is turned off, but not on. I would start with the battery replacement and then if that doesn't resolve it then the charger as well.

RagingDepression

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017
Thanks i'll try that first.

Got a new battery and the charger light lights up orange as if it's charging but no light on the front of the laptop to show a charge is taking place. Is there some other issue that my cause this, or should i buy a charger as well?

jjstephens

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013
Like many others, my V570 started being difficult to power up and wake up. It had gotten very sluggish--and had the power up issues. Even when I could get it to power up, it would go to sleep after a few minutes and would never wake up.

I tried all the usual solutions (battery out, hold down power button for ten seconds, retry, etc) but none of it worked. In desperation, I finally ordered a new mother board. It's due to arrive in a couple days.

Today, on a whim, I decided to try resetting the bios. I pulled the battery and the HD cover and unplugged the bios. After ten seconds I plugged it back in. Now my machine works like new! The sluggishness is gone and it powers up/wakes up as it is supposed to.

Hope this helps

Solution

TRENDING THREADS