Solved! Lenovo Vibe S1 Endless on-off cycle

May 27, 2018
Hey, so my lenovo vibe s1 has beenrecently charged to 100% while powered off when i turned it on after the lenovo green logo it would say andriod is starting optimizing app 1 of 1 and it would take up for like 15 minutes and then would go blank (but sometimes would show my homescreen black with the notification bar lagging and then would turn off) after that it will go off and then go on again. the cycle would only stop if the battery runs out and this was not the first time. what should i do?

Solution
Try turning it on in "Safe Mode" and see if it will load. If it does, then you have something on the device that is the cause. Bad app, virus, malware, etc. You would have to then remove whatever is the cause and then restart (turn off and back on) the phone.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.
Try turning it on in "Safe Mode" and see if it will load. If it does, then you have something on the device that is the cause. Bad app, virus, malware, etc. You would have to then remove whatever is the cause and then restart (turn off and back on) the phone.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution
May 27, 2018
i can't go to the safe mode but luckily after how many tries and with the on and off saga until it turns lowbatt i finally able to hard reset it. but then it happened again after i installed wechat i think? while kinda using wattpad and lagged. so i think that's it i will be hard resetting it again huhu but that's okay instead of not using phone char