Lenovo warranty and cosmetic damage.

chrisbradshaw

Estimable
Dec 31, 2014
I've had my current laptop (lenovo ideapad 510s 14-isk) for a few months and have noticed hairline cracks appearing in either side of the hinge. I've contacted support about it and they have arranged to collect it for repairs. A member of the support team told me that it will be checked by technicians, who will decide whether or not the damage was caused by the user.

LvwWm

Not sure whether anyone can help, but given that the laptop has never been dropped and pretty much lives on my desk and my living, is it possible that this is a manufacturing problem?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: tried to attach an image but cannot see it. Here's a link instead https://imgur.com/a/LvwWm

Solution
Yes it can be a Manufacturer problem but sometimes they deny them i have mobile phone Nexus 5 i left the device in my car in the sunny day they display was all cracked when i came back but the service center denied that it cant be covered in warranty so lets hope your covers in just wait and watch situation

nitinvaid20

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
Yes it can be a Manufacturer problem but sometimes they deny them i have mobile phone Nexus 5 i left the device in my car in the sunny day they display was all cracked when i came back but the service center denied that it cant be covered in warranty so lets hope your covers in just wait and watch situation

Solution